Friday, May 15, 2015

Never say these things

1. I'm ugly

Too often we look in the mirror and judge ourselves harshly. I remember when I started getting acne and thought I would die. When I look back I laugh. I still have acne, and moaning and hating myself did not make them go away. Its time to start holding your head high and smile! How would you have lived? crying? Don't weep as those who have no hope.



2. I am a failure

I was taught that whatever we say to ourselves, we will become just that. I understand when you try sooo hard and it does not work at first, but it is always at the point of giving up that it works out. Instead of saying its not going to work, think of where you want to be, not where you are. Think of what you don't want. Works for me!





3. Why her/him and not me

We see results and judge others based on their success which is natural especially if we don't know the person. We get jealous to see others with material luxuries and awards and drown ourselves in sorrow. What we don't think about is the sleepless nights, rejections and the pain a person sometimes endure to gain achievements.



4. You're not good enough

I remember when Selena Gomez was told that she would never make it, and look at her now. Power is an interesting thing. Those above think they are doing others a favour by stifling their dreams, but we ought to be careful as we don't know if that might be the last thing we say to the persons, some are sensitive than others and need the extra push.






5.Why do you like that?!
Why would they use/possess if they didn't like it?  We say it about people's clothes, car and their lifestyle. It is not okay, ask a different way or keep it to yourself.






6. Are you stupid?!

well teach!






The heights by great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.

2 comments: