Friday, June 5, 2015

Vegetarian Business


WHAT I EAT IN A DAY:


BREAKFAST:

Holy Crap Cereal
Banana
a mango
a glass of water


LUNCH:

Pasta (whole grain)
Try for low sodium or organic pasta sauce
**I don't eat dairy products, so no cheese

MID-AFTERNOON SNACK:

Any fruit of choice or salt free crackers
a glass of water

DINNER:

Steamed Green vegetables
Brown/White Rice
a glass of water

**I drink about 8-10 glasses of water per day. I drink a glass every hour or 2

A LIL VEGGIE STORY :)

I transitioned to a vegetarian diet in October 2013. I did my research and was pumped to begin this new lifestyle. It was rocky at first and it still isn't smooth sailing, but I would not give it up for anything.

I experienced headaches when I first started and often felt exhausted and sometimes nauseous. My body was new to this new diet and the smaller portions.It took about a week to master the diet and know exactly what to do. I must tell you that the scent of chicken and other meats had me salivating for awhile, but I kicked that away and have gotten use to the smell of beans and vegetable goodness.

Knowing what to eat and how much to eat really confused me at first, but with a little research I was able to understand how and what to eat.

Most people think they will be restricted if they transition to a vegetarian diet, but I often ask my friends: what do you eat on a daily? Turns out its only chicken and rice. I had more variety in my diet, but most persons believe that chicken is enough because of the different ways it can be cooked, but the same goes for tofu and vegetables.

Warning: Do research before you start a vegetarian diet and be careful of junk food. I've seen where newbie vegans and vegetarians live on french fries because they don't know what to eat. There are many fun and easy recipes to try. My favorite sources for meal plans and recipes are:

Essena Oneill on Youtube


&

No comments:

Post a Comment