Friday, April 3, 2015

A week without...?




I thought of challenging myself to go a month without an item or activity I love, but that might be a bit much for my first attempt.  I have decided to go a week without criticizing, now this is easier said than done and I often say it, listening to it loosely fall from my lips, and fail to keep up. We might find ourselves criticizing someone's hair, clothes and choices without even knowing them.


I often see people sit and talk for hours about strangers and even their friends, and sometimes we might laugh. Even though you might not add any input, simply laughing gives others the approval that they are doing something right. I was on Pinterest, and saw a fun fact that states 80% of persons who talk about others have low self esteem, and like bullies, they do it to feel better about themselves. The heartbreaking part about this is as Selena Gomez says "Its such a funny thing how nothing's funny when its you."

We are quick to judge and rip a person apart sometimes to feel better about ourselves and can't take the heat when we hear something bad about ourselves. I have decided to become a positive person which does not include negative thoughts. A week might sound like nothing to most, but even without thinking, nasty words escape our lips.


I don't know what you might challenge yourself to do, it could be sweets, crying, meat.... explore the possibilities, so whatever it may be, I wish you the best, and I hope and cross my heart that I can go a week without talking bad about people, whether I know them or not.

Good luck on your journey!



Fire and swords are slow engines of destruction, compared to the tongue of a Gossip.






No comments:

Post a Comment