Friday, December 19, 2014
Ever wake up one day and you are feeling yourself, so you might take a couple hundred selfies and gain likes on Instagram which boost your self esteem even more. I remember my glory days a few weeks ago with my friends asking "What have you been using?!" and "Are you wearing Make-up?" Honestly, I felt good and for once everything was in place.
Personally, I believe that if your skin looks good, then you are ready to face the world. A clear skin gives so much confidence and you walk and talk in such a way, without thinking "Is she looking at my zits?" We have all had those days, (Unless you were blessed with great skin!)
Today is Acne talk, and I really wanted to share my experience since I am currently experiencing really bad breakout, mostly because of my period. I was flaunting fantabulous skin, then the next day fine pimples starting running across my forehead and cheeks like mischievous children. They made their way to my chest and back, and for a day I was at my all time low.
I learned natural ways/home remedies to clear up my skin, but there is not getting around period acne it seems. I changed my diet, and shared some great vegan lunch ideas, which you can read about Here. My skin really cleared up, the pesky pimples around my chin disappeared and those on my back and chest slowly faded, but something went wrong, and they found their way back.
I kept my skincare routine, and avoided adding anything new, because I wanted my skin to heal in its own time. I dont have anything against make-up, but I choose to fix my flaws instead of hiding them.
We should remember that if inside is not clean, then it will be harder to keep outside clear and beautiful. I can proudly say that water is the greatest liquid created,and if you are consistent, then you will see results.
Tips for great skin:
***Try the Chinese face mapping technique. It will indicate, using numbers, the areas where the acne are, and what might be causing the pimples there. Check out this website, BeautyGyspy to see what your acne is telling you.
1.Try a home-made Sugar Body Scrub. Follow this link and it will give you directions on how to make this easy, inexpensive scrub, plus it outlines all the amazing benefits!.
2. Drink at least eight glasses of water. You've probably heard this a thousand times, but the list of benefits of water goes a long way! A teacher told me once that if we see the way they make the drinks we love so much, we wouldn't drink them. That was enough to convince me to avoid high fructose corn syrup and other refined sugars.
3. Try drinking Green Juice. Mix any fruits and vegetables of your choice and down your nutrients in one gulp. It will surely cleanse you inside and out.
4. Eat a healthy diet filled with fruits, vegetables, whole grains and healthy meats and Fats. I gave up meat, because my skin was just not handling it, but if don't see yourself going that way, then try going organic and choose Grass-fed meats without the extra hormones.
5. Exercise and make sure you sweat to release all those toxins! Yoga is great to help breathing, which inturn keeps you calm and stress free. Check out my Pinterest/Health Board to find Yoga routines and workout Ideas!
6. And finally! Smile! Stress only gives you more pesky pimples and the cycle simply continues.
I hope you will follow these tips, because they work for me. They are easy and in-expensive.
Until next time:
"Laugh as long as you breathe, love as long as you live" (Unknown)