Friday, November 7, 2014

Vegan Bean Dish :)




It has been so HARD  to eat on campus these days. I spend all day at school, so I need a more filling type of  lunch to keep me throughout the day (cause I don't want to overeat :/ ) I have tried basically everything that my University has to offer. There are vegetarian options, but if it doesn't have milk, it has eggs, so you see how difficult it can get. Food stores or Delis don't usually cater for people like me, because the general population is all about Meat and pastas or rice (which I eat, but rice with what?). 


There is a particular canteen with vegetarian options on their menu, but ever since my friend told me about the Chinese restaurant that used the Pork spoon to serve the chicken (she doesn't eat Pork) I have been sceptical about eating out. Many people who do not understand this lifestyle often tell me to turn a blind eye, but for me, my life is serious business, and I'm not about to mess it up.I love my life choices right now and I choose to be strict about it.

I used to visit a popular patty joint (a pastry with meat filling, I get soy), but the food is so greasy that I have been getting tiny pimples all over my forehead, and since late my skin is looking greasy ( My Aloe Vera Gel has been solving that problem :)....So I decided to go back to my roots and cook my own food. I stopped for awhile because the Microwave at school broke down :/ but I am on again!!! I have decided to share this delicious and filling Bean dish because I feel like the world should know about this healthy, quick and easy recipe.





1 tin Butter Beans
1 cup Rice (you can use any type, I chose white. I know, not the best choice)
1 Green/Red Bell pepper
1/2 Onion
3 Cloves Garlic
1tbsp Olive Oil


Cook Rice by using a rice cooker or a sauce pan
Drain water from Butter Beans
Saute Onion, sliced Bell Pepper and Garlic in Olive oil until tender
Add Beans, stirring lightly for 1 Minute (Don't want to mash beans since they are already cooked)
Pour over Rice and enjoy
Serves 2

I hope you tried this and enjoyed it. Until next time:






"Laugh as long as you breathe, love as long as you live"

Cheers
Renee'

No comments:

Post a Comment