Monday, September 22, 2014

Take a Breather!

(view from my home)

Greetings Everyone!

Today is a day of reflection. After making notes for my test tomorrow, and assignments I had to catch up with, I decided to take a break to write (My favourite thing to do!) I live in the hills, and it gets really cool and beautiful during this season. In the Caribbean, our leaves don't usually turn golden, nor do we wear boots and long sleeved shirts everyday, because It still gets hot. I opened my window and decided to take a gaze, and I had absolutely no idea that I would get chills down my spine. I love nature, and I am the type of person who will stand and watch the sun turn a beautiful pink, until it gives it's final bow, leaving us in darkness. I love the moon too, that pale light shining through my glass window looks so beautiful and content against the dark sky, and twinkling stars.

I realized today the importance of taking a little time out of our hectic days to just observe the natural beauty. If you are not lucky to have a wonderful view all day, then take a drive to the nearest spot and just relax. Life can take a toll, and if we are not careful then one day we might just crash. The average person can't just getaway to another country when stress takes over, so enjoy the free getaway that was gifted to us. Take a long concentrated breath as the wind pass through your hair, and softly caress your skin. 

If you're the type that gets bored by just standing and gazing, then make an adventure, A memorable one. Take a hike and stand on top of a hill with your eyes closed or race with your friends then bond over a fire while eating your favourite snacks. I personally don't enjoy parties because I never really get to talk and catch up with my friends. The alcohol makes everyone act crazy and they don't even remember the night, which is a little heartbreaking to me, because I love sitting years later and talking about a fun day or dinner date. (mind you, drunk friends do make great jokes ;).

One thing we need to learn is to turn off the cellphones, even for an hour, and listen to your own thoughts (not the negative ones) or maybe read a book. I don't listen to audio books any more, because I end up scrolling through Instagram or start a conversation with a friend without even remembering the last word the reader said. Instead I get my good ole' paperback and curl up in bed. We really need to stop moving our thumbs sometimes and just let our minds rest.

Life is short, so cherish it and I hope that someone will take my suggestions, and it will make their day. Have hope that everything will be okay. Don't stress and frown (it causes wrinkles).

                        I try to see the sunrise every morning, such a refreshing feeling!



                               Rain one afternoon



                                    So happy for the rain after a HOT, dry summer


                                                   The wonderful view!




Sunrise
***I took these pictures


Until next time!
"Laugh as long as you breathe, love as long as you live"

Cheers
Renee'


No comments:

Post a Comment